Skip to content
- ASAP visits ponds frequently to treat unsightly recurrent growth.
- These simplest of plants grow in all water bodies where nutrients and sunlight are sufficient.
- Blooms are common throughout the spring and summer months.
- New growth can appear overnight when conditions are right.
- Powerful, specialized equipment and proper techniques allow us to quickly achieve control.
- Most treatments show results within 7-10 days.
- These rooted plants grow completely under the water's surface.
- When left untreated, they make any water-based activity virtually impossible.
- Aquatic plants grow alarmingly fast, with some spreading up to 1 foot per day.
- Multiple growth cycles during the spring and summer require constant monitoring.
- Wilting and discoloration occur within 7-10 days.
- Dense growth may remain standing longer before falling to the bottom.
- ASAP offers single applications or programs.
- Emersed plants are those that break the water's surface.
- These grow primarily in shallow waters and around shorelines.
- Most are VERY aggressive, non-native, and invasive.
- When left unchecked, emersed plants can quickly overtake a waterbody.
- Multiple treatments are often necessary to achieve control.
- Selective treatments are available -leave some or none.
- Discoloration is evident within 3-4 weeks, and plants are visibly dead after 6 weeks.
- Large emersed plants, such as cattails, will remain standing for some time.
Aquatic Vegetation ServicesLeo Meyer2017-04-27T16:50:26+00:00